POSITION: FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR
NewMusicWorks — P.O. Box 2266, Santa Cruz, CA 95063-2266
NewMusicWorks is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, now in its 39th season of annual fall-through-spring concert production. We present 4-5 performances per season.
Recognized as one of the leading voices for contemporary chamber music on the West Coast, NMW hosts a resident 10-member chamber ensemble of acclaimed expertise. NewMusicWorks’ collaborations encompass a broad range, including musicians and composers of regional, national and global renown.
Concerts are presented in a variety of the area’s finest sounding venues at Cabrillo College, UCSC, Peace United Church of Christ, and a private garden in Soquel.
This opportunity is for the part-time position of Fundraising Coordinator. The Fundraising Coordinator will be an integral part of NewMusicWorks’ fundraising and community development team, working closely with the Artistic Executive Director, as well as the Board of Directors. The Coordinator’s role supporting the development and maintenance of our donor community is vital to the success and long-term sustainability of the organization.
NewMusicWorks is seeking an energetic, skilled and dedicated Fundraising Coordinator to help us maintain and improve our development systems, increase our community outreach capacity, and build relationships with individual and organizational donors.
The Coordinator will report to the Executive Artistic Director. Our diversified revenue model includes individual support, special events, public and private grants and contracts, and concert admission revenue, so the Coordinator will have opportunities to be involved in a variety of fundraising projects and activities.
Donor Stewardship and Outreach (60%)
- Acknowledge all gifts to NMW and ensure that donors receive appropriate documentation of gifts.
- Prepare pledge payment reminders.
- Prepare three direct-mail solicitations to donors each year.
- Coordinate social media outreach with direct mail.
- Manage donor records and database.
- Manage calendar and action list for grant opportunities, proposals and reports. Support general donor stewardship communications, to keep supporters informed and involved.
- Work closely with the Artistic Executive Director and Board of Directors to research the background and giving capacity of individual donors and prospects, and to connect them with NewMusicWorks’ activities and giving opportunities.
- Support board members in their fundraising work.
Special Events (20%)
- Work closely with Executive Artistic Director and Fundraising Committee to plan and successfully implement major annual spring fundraising event (200+ attendees) and one smaller community event earlier in the spring.
- Maintain timeliness and momentum of preparations and follow-up for special events;
- Coordinate invitations, registrations and confirmations for events.
Work with the Associate Executive Director and the other communications team members to:
- Prepare solicitation mailings including letters, inserts and other materials;
- Prepare content to be used in marketing and social media.
- Meetings & Organization (10%)
- Development and marketing team coordination meetings;
- Staff meetings and planning retreats.
We are looking for someone with non-profit fundraising experience and familiarity with, if not passion for, contemporary music and the arts.
Key skills we seek are:
- Excellent organizational skills with systems for maintaining personal and team focus and priorities.
- Strong computing skills including spreadsheets, databases, mailing programs (Filemaker, Excel, Vertical Response, Constant Contact).
- Adept at using Mailmerge in Microsoft Word or other word processing software in desktop and cloud-based applications.
- Strong experience with social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Constant Contact).
- Excellent skills for communicating with diverse audiences, colleagues and partners in writing, by phone and in person.
- Experience in special events production.
- Comfort in leadership roles, including volunteer coordination.
- Flexibility and a sense of humor.
Pay rate will be determined upon experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to NewMusicWorks, Executive Artistic Director, Philip Collins at email@example.com. Please include how you heard about the job in your cover letter. We will review materials and begin scheduling interviews in early December 2017.